Setting new standards in Physiotherapy
Cardiac rehab is an important program for anyone recovering from a heart attack, heart failure, or other heart problem that required surgery or medical care.
Cardiac rehab is a supervised program that includes:
- Physical activity
- Education about healthy living, including healthy eating, taking medicine as prescribed, and ways to help you quit smoking.
- Counseling to find ways to relieve stress and improve mental health.
- Cardiac rehab can have many benefits to your health in both the short and long-term, including:
- Strengthening your heart and body after a heart attack.
- Relieving symptoms of heart problems, such as chest pain.
- Reducing stress.
- Improving your mood. People are more likely to feel depressed after a heart attack. Cardiac rehab can help prevent and lessen depression
- Increasing your energy and strength, making daily activities easier, such as carrying groceries and climbing stairs.
- Making you more likely to take your prescribed medicines that help lower your risk for future heart problems.
Pulmonary rehabilitation is a program of exercise, education, and support to help you learn to breathe and function at the highest level possible. At pulmonary rehabilitation you’ll work with a team of specialists who will help you improve your physical condition. You will also learn how to manage your COPD so you will stay healthy and active long after you complete the course.
In order to qualify for pulmonary rehabilitation, you must be referred by your doctor and have spirometry test results within the past year that show you have COPD.
Pulmonary rehabilitation both before and after surgery may be beneficial for people with cancer undergoing lung resection, people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease undergoing lung volume reduction surgery, and people with severe lung disease undergoing lung transplantation.
Journal of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation aims to disseminate knowledge and promote discussion through the publication of peer-reviewed, high quality research papers on all topics related to Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
The Journal emphasizes high-level research and education. Original research articles, reviews, short communications, and letters to the editors in the fields of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation are welcome. Every effort is made to have a speedy and critical peer-review process. Instruction to authors
Editorial Tracking System is an online submission and review system, where authors can submit manuscripts and track their progress. Reviewers can download manuscripts and submit their opinions. Editors can manage the whole submission/review/revise/publish process. Publishers can see what manuscripts are in the pipeline awaiting publication. E-mail is sent automatically to concerned persons when significant events occur.
Thanks and regards
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation